This post was updated on: December 10, 2019
When we are talking about any machine, maintenance comes as an inevitable part of it. So when we use our Bunn Coffee Maker, we have to clean it properly to maintain its longetivity.
You have to remove all the buildups formed in the interior portions of coffee maker machines. Talking about the daily use, it is important to clean the brew funnel after each use.
Clean a Bunn Coffee Maker: User guide
Bunn® is currently one of the global partners in the field of beverage equipment. They have earned this place for the quality products and efficient performance offered by their bunn coffee makers.
This team has been successful commercially, and have earned respect and loyalty from most of their customers.
You can perform the Delime step after the cleaning process. The main task is the cleaning, delime is optional, but it is highly recommended for an overall maintenance of Bunn Coffee maker parts & accessories. The steps for cleaning is given below:
- Take the brewer funnel, and swiftly slide it under the spray-head area. Next, pour out all the wine contents onto the base plate.
- Now next step is to pour one quarter of white vinegar solution in the brewer and simply close the lid. Remove the decanter from the top of the unit, after you find that the liquid is no more present to be discharged.
- Keep the system plugged in for 2 hours time duration.
- After doing this, unplug the device, and then disassemble the spray-head and the funnel from the city. Using a cloth, wipe the spray-head properly.
- Now for removing the vinegar compounds completely out of the brewer system, add fresh, cold water into the brewer section. This process is performed by avoiding the need of draining. Keep the funnel as it was before, just adjust the position of the decanter on the base plate.
- After you are set with this, place lid on the top, and run the unit to brew out all of the water from the machine. By doing so, you will end up emptying the decanter, after this repeat this step for 7-8 times.
- The main task here is to remove the vinegar taste from the water. So keep repeating the steps till you don’t find that taste.
- And finally get the water set on the unit for the coffee brewing and processing.
These were the steps that are to be performed for cleaning purpose. Along with this, you can perform the Delime procedure too.
Steps for Delime are explained as follows:
- Set the spray-head part separate, and for this, you just have to keep turning the spray-head with your fingertips and keep it aside.
- The second step is to place the deliming tools in the spray-head construction. For this keep the tools moving in and out of the spray-head tube, and get all the lime buildups removed. So keep push and twisting, and get all the dirt removed.
- Next step is to check the holes of the spray-head part. If you find white flakes in it, then you can make use of a toothpick and clean it easily. Clean the spray-head using a cloth and detergent, and then rinse it with water. And finally, reinstall it.
- After this, plug in the brewer. And then give some time for the water to get heated, and this may take around 15 minutes.
And, that is how deliming process is done. Even if the second step is optional, we highly recommend to include it in the Bunn Coffee Maker maintenance part.
If you liked our article, then mention a thumbs up in the comment section! Share it with your friends and family. Get to know more about your favorite beverage on our page Coffeemakered.