Welcome to our unbiased and expert review of Bodum Brazil 8-Cup French Press.
Coffee is the last thing which you resort to on a grumpy morning, isn’t it?
Among the different coffee processing techniques, French Press has remained the easiest and classic one. Even the machine comes at a nominal rate making it feasible for all coffee lovers out there.
I am pretty sure that you have gone through all the options, and Bodum Brazil 8-Cup French Press is still lingering on your minds! It has already become a hit, and many of the users have recommended it too.
Is this French Press all worth the hype? We will find out!
Bodum Brazil 8-Cup French Press Review
Bodum Brazil 8-Cup French Press is a simple go-to French Press machine which can be used by both beginners as well as pro users.
This is the place where the coarsely ground coffee meets the boiled water. That’s all with the processing though, but it’s about the other tasks which go on simultaneously with the mixing.
You just have to give in your 4 minutes for a freshly brewed coffee, this is the processing time of Bodum Brazil. As I came to know about this, I was completely intrigued.
There is a plunger on the bottom of this unit, you just have to press on it to lock the grinds tightly on the bottom of the carafe. That’s how the brewing process stops.
One main highlight of Bodum Brazil 8-Cup French Press is that – Even at a decent price it looks classy, and works like a pro. A big thumbs up for this!
Brewing Process on Bodum Brazil French Press
Following is the step by step process of making your coffee on a Bodum Brazil French Press:
- Step 1- It is all about the Coffee Grinds. Depending on the number of coffee cups you are preparing, you need to add the coffee accordingly. For each 4-ounce cup of coffee, you will need 1 tablespoon of the coarse coffee ground. If you are using the Bodum scoop, then for 4-ounce cup get 1 Bodum scoop of the grounds. That’s the recommended ratio, still, you can make your preferable changes if you need.
- Step 2- Now, pour in some hot water inside Bodum Brazil 8-Cup French Press. It should probably match the number of servings, which is obvious. Here the water should be hot, not in the boiling form. Leave about 1 inch of space at the top of the unit. Then, you need to stir the solution well with a plastic spoon.
- Step 3- Time for the plunger to come into the picture! Take the plunger out and place it on top of the pot. After this, you need to close the lid so that the pour spout opening remains closed. This is not the time for the real press yet, so just keep calm and let the coffee brew in for about 5 more minutes.
- Step 4- After you have passed through the brewing time of 5 minutes, take hold of the plunger and press it away. That’s it! The press should be only once. After you do that, your coffee is all set to be relished. So, plunge the coffee and drink it asap!
This is how you brew and make the coffee on the Bodum Brazil 8-Cup French Press!
Features of Bodum Brazil 8-Cup French Press
Now, I will list out the features which make this unit loveable and a must-have in your kitchen. They are given as follows:
The Carafe Construction
It is built using borosilicate material, which stays durable and is also resistant to heat. The handle on the coffee is made from a BPA-free plastic, even the base is also made of the same material just like the handle. Whereas the plunger and the filter on this coffee maker is a stainless steel product. All the major components are made of highly durable materials, so they will stay for a long time.
Can you spare your 4 minutes?
That’s the time which takes the machine to prepare a French Coffee. It makes use of this simple processing technique where the coarsely ground coffee meets hot water which was just off from its boiling state. Also, there is a particular range of temperature (92°C – 96°C) that brings out the best out of the coffee grounds, yes I am talking about the coffee extracts.
The Best Coffee Flavours now in Your Cup!
That’s the specialty of a French Press machine, you get the complete flavors and extract in your cup. If you are a true coffee lover, then you should not miss on this one. As the coffee extracts are pressed, all the essential oils and the acidic flavors are taken out in their best way. Also to add, the French Press preparation is among the most liked coffee methods all around the world.
Available spare parts for Bodum Brazil
This one’s important and something that all the buyers and users must know. If you want to replace any of the machine components, then you will be glad to know Bodum is offering a line of spare parts which you need to buy separately. These spare parts include the spiral plate, glass beaker, cross plate and a mesh which separates the coffee grounds from the water.
This super amazing Bodum Brazil 8-Cup French Press could serve up to 8 cups of coffee, each of 4 ounces measurement.
For cleaning & maintenance
After the serving finishes, you could put the machine in the dishwasher for cleaning. It does not include any sharp components, filters or any other electronic parts on the inner side. So, you can add the entire coffee maker easily into the dishwasher for cleaning.
If you are not much of a dishwasher-using person, then you can simply take a sponge or a soft bristled brush for cleaning the internals of the carafe. Don’t skip on the filters, run the tap water and clean out all the coffee grounds if anything is remaining out on this.
These were the key features of the Bodum Brazil which remain the main highlights, and as I mentioned before that there are certain things that the users must know!
Why Should You Buy This?
- Bodum Brazil 8-Cup French Press is a good option for all the beginners at French Coffee, and more than that it’s reasonable!
- Easy with the handling, classic output performance – everything at a reasonable budget. What else can you ask for?
- Also, the Bodum Brazil is dishwasher-safe making the cleaning and maintenance a swift for you.
These are the reasons which make the French Press a must-add in all homes.
Why You May Not Buy This?
So, it’s a French Press coffee! It is the black coffee, with a high level of coffee extracts. Not everyone will actually love this taste. Better to taste and test it out by yourselves, before making out the investments.
This coffee maker machine is also not the high-end kind of, so if you are looking for such a system then this is not the right choice for you. Just being frank, so that you don’t end up with something that you will dislike at a later stage.
Was the Bodum Brazil 8-Cup French Press review informative and helpful? Let us know your reviews and comments below, and also ask out your doubts too.
I will definitely reply to your questions in the best possible way.
If you genuinely liked the post, show some love on Coffeemakered!